First Aid At Work Level 3 - (Three Day Course)
07/01/2021 - 31/12/2021
8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Venue Phone: 07883 071220Address:
Event Phone: Call Now 07883071220
This three day course covers a range of CPR and first aid skills, providing you with the skills to ensure a safe working environment.
The qualification is Ofqual regulated and is valid for three years, making it suitable for all industries and enabling you to meet HSE requirements.
About the Course
The First Aid at Work course is 18 hours and can be delivered over three consecutive days or can be split into smaller sessions and delivered over a 10 week period from the start of the course.
The course comprises of practical work and theoretical classroom work, as well as a practical assessment on CPR and first aid.
Before you start…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment.
- No prior first aid knowledge is required.
Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for casualty who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for a casualty who is suffering a seizure
- Be able to provide first aid for a casualty who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Be able to place AED pads correctly
- Understand how to provide first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- Be able to recognise a casualty who is choking
Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- Explain the factors that affect the severity of burns and scalds
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
- Plus Assessment
First Aid at Work is Trainer Assessed throughout the course and the assessment should determine a learner’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and to deal with a casualty. All Assessment Criteria in the units must be achieved.
We use three Awarding Organisation’s for our regulated First Aid Qualification’s and the assessment process is different for each of the Awarding Organisation’s , please contact us for more details.
The assessments are based on demonstrating practical skills and a theory test.
Qualification Expiry/ Re-qualification
How to re-qualify:
Qualification is valid for three years.
In order to re-qualify learners must be assessed against all learning outcomes and assessment criteria in the unit. The delivery time can be adjusted based on current HSE guidance for re-qualification (2 days). It is considered appropriate to reduce the time by 6 hours for re-qualification to 12 hours.
This is delivered at one of our venues or can be delivered onsite at your business.
This course can be delivered as a Blended First Aid Course – One day e-learning and Two days face to face.
We are located in the North West are able to train onsite for clients and businesses in Sefton, Liverpool, Merseyside , Cheshire, Wirral, Lancashire, Knowsley, St Helens, Wigan, Southport, Warrington
Please contact us for more information and how we can help you.