Level 3 Award EFAW - One Day
20/04/2020 - 20/06/2030
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue Phone: Call Today 07883071220
Venue Website: https://www.splashworldsouthport.com/Address:
Event Phone: 07883 071 220
The Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work may be more suitable for lower-risk work environments, such as offices and shops and/or organisations with fewer than 100 employees. For regulatory purposes, successfully completing the Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work will enable the candidate to act as a first aider in the workplace.
Who should attend
This course is designed for people who want to receive training in emergency first aid and is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments.
Before you start…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be 16 years of age or older
Unit 1: Emergency First aid in the Workplace
The content of the course covers:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to place AED pads correctly
- Be able to provide first aid for casualty who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for a casualty who is suffering a seizure
- Be able to provide first aid for a casualty who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Understand how to provide first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- Be able to recognise a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with minor burns and scalds
Course Duration : 6 hours (1 Day)
- Continual assessment by the tutor
- Demonstrate the ability to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation on an adult manikin/AED
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out first aid for an unconscious casualty
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out first aid on a choking casualty
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out first aid for a workplace emergency situation
- Demonstrating Underpinning knowledge by Multiple Choice or Portfolio.
Qualification Expiry/ Requalification
How to re-qualify:
Qualification is valid for three years, In order to re-qualify learners must be assessed against all learning outcomes and assessment criteria in the unit. For EFAW this will be the same as the initial course of 6 hours. An EFAW renewal course must not be run over a period of more than 3 weeks.
This is delivered at one of our venues or can be delivered onsite at business.
Please contact us for more information and how we can help you.