- STA Level 2 Award in Swimming Pool Water Treatment
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Event Phone: 07883071220
Active Training Network are now offering Online Pool Plant Operation and Pool Water Treatment , these courses are blended/online learning.
The courses will be delivered online through video conferencing and the assessment afterwards.
The qualifications are regulated through the Swimming Teachers Association / Safety Training Awards.
The assessment will take place at a later date at one of the assessment hubs or at your place of work if you have a number of employees wishing to attend.
The STA Level 2 Award in Swimming Pool Water Treatment is designed to enable learners to understand the basic principles of the treatment of swimming pool water. To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to competently test water and maintain safe bathing conditions.
Who Should Attend
This qualification is for people who have a specific responsibility for pool plant operations, maintaining plant rooms, ensuring safe bather conditions and water testing.
Before you start….
- You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 16 years of age
Course Content Swimming Pool Water Testing
- Know about swimming pool water test
- Be able to carry out swimming pool water testing
Principles of Swimming Pool & Spa Water Treatment
- Understand the responsibilities of pool & spa water operators to provide a safe environment
- Understand the causes of water contamination
- Understand the importance of bather swim hygiene and good cleanliness within the Pool & Spa Environment
- Understand the key principles of Pool & Spa Water Disinfectants
- Understand principles of COSHH
The qualification is designed to be delivered over 1 day including assessment.
This qualification is tutor assessed through the completion of worksheets and STA Level 2 Award in Swimming Pool Water Treatment – Remote practical demonstrations.
How do you get assessed ?
Once completed the online course with the trainer you have to complete a portfolio and then you will need to complete a practical water test at one of our assessment hubs.
We can come to your site to complete the assessment if you have a group of employees.
This qualification is valid for a period of 5 years. The learner needs to retake the qualification before the certificate expiry date to remain qualified.
Each candidate will receive Course Manual and Support by the trainer.
Please contact us more details, Courses can be delivered Remotely, onsite or at one of the venues.