STA Level 2 Award in Safety Award for Teachers - Blended
26/04/2020 - 18/06/2030
8:00 am - 10:00 am
Venue Phone: Call Today 07883071220
Venue Website: https://www.activetrainingnetwork.com/
Due to the current climate this course the theory section can be delivered online and the practical and assessment can take place once the leisure centre and swimming pools re-open.
If you’re a swimming teacher, aqua aerobic instructor or school teacher and looking for a qualification that will allow you to provide safety cover for swimming sessions, this is the qualification for you!
The STA Safety Award for Teachers qualification is designed to train anyone who teaches in a swimming pool or leisure centre. The course covers poolside safety, pool rescue, CPR techniques, first aid and dealing with poolside emergencies.
Who should Attend
Anyone over the age of 14 years who may teach swimming, snorkel instructors,aqua aerobic instructors, school teachers and those who teach swimming.
Before you start…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Be able to swim 25 metres
- Learners who cannot swim 25 metres must be capable of wading, and effecting a rescue, in a pool with a depth no greater than chest height
- Be able to surface dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool
Be able to surface dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool
Section 1 – Understand Pool Safety Operating Procedures
Section 2 – Understand basic first aid procedures relevant to injuries in an aquatic environment
Section 3 – Know how to administer basic life support
Section 4 – Be able to administer basic life support
Section 5 – Be able to perform basic rescue skills
Section 6 – Know how to respond to a pool emergency situation
Section 7 – Understand the importance of recording, reporting and analysing pool emergency situations
- This qualification is assessed through practical demonstrations of CPR and pool rescue skills and completion of a 16 question theory multiple-choice assessment paper.
- All practical elements must be completed and performed independently by the learner without prompting by the tutor.
- The multiple-choice assessment paper is to be completed independently by each learner and completed in exam conditions, with the tutor or other approved person, acting as the invigilator.
- All learning outcomes and assessment criteria in the units must be achieved in order for the learner to be deemed competent in order to pass the qualification.
Course Hours : One day / Minimum of 6 hours – 3 Hours Online and 4 Hours Face to Face Including Assessment
Qualification Expiry/ Re-qualification
How to re-qualify:
- It lasts for 2 years.
- Complete the course the one day course.
We deliver courses onsite for swim schools, schools, leisure centres and open courses at venues in Lancashire, Merseyside, Cheshire and Manchester.
We are located in the North West are able to train onsite for clients and businesses in Sefton, Liverpool, Merseyside , Cheshire, Wirral, Lancashire, Knowsley, St Helens, Wigan, Southport, Warrington
Please contact us about this course which we can deliver onsite for your swim school or school.