- RLSS UK NPLQ 9th Gen - Park Pool Ormskirk
19/07/2021 - 23/07/2021
8:15 am - 6:00 pm
Venue Phone: 07883071220
Venue Website: https://www.westlancsleisure.com/park-pool/Address:
Event Phone: Call Now 07883 071 220
Social Distanced Lifeguard Courses
Due to the current climate how we deliver the lifeguard courses has changed, we need to follow the current government guidelines and awarding organisations guidelines and risk assessments.
We will only be aiming to have 8 candidates per course.
Attending a training course or assessment during COVID-19
It is important for candidates enrolling on training courses and assessments to understand that no PPE or other protective measures can provide 100% protection from infection with, or transmission of, COVID-19. Whilst the awarding organisation (RLSS UK and IQL UK) have provided guidance to training provider to mitigate risk so far as reasonably practicable, there will still be an element of risk involved in attending the training course and assessment.
The training course contains practical skills where PPE may be required, it is your responsibility to follow the Trainer and Assessor instructions and wear the required PPE. There are some skills where PPE is not suitable and other measures have been put in place.
Candidates must respect the social distance rules of 2 metres.
In addition to equipment required for the training course/assessment, you will also be requested to make the following arrangements to help manage the risks associated with COVID-19:
Candidates will need to bring the following;
- Bring pens and note paper you can use throughout the training and assessment.
- Wear swimwear under your clothes for sessions in the water.
- Bring food and drink to be consumed.
- Own hand sanitiser for use on the course.
- Face covering and wear in the training room
All Candidates must complete the following screening checklist form prior to attending the course.
We will provide the candidates with the following
- RLSS UK Pool Lifeguard Hard Copy Manual & E manual.
- Personal Adult, Child and Infant Manikin including Airways
- Own First Aid Training Kits
- Surgical / Face Masks when activities cannot be socially distanced
- Manikin Wipes
- There will be hand sanitizer stations on entry/exit into the training areas.
- Sanitiser for there tables and work areas.
Use of casualties
Throughout training and assessment, a candidate may choose to bring someone from their own household to act as casualty.
Where a casualty (that is not a candidate) is used during practical skills within training or assessment they must be at least 16 years of age. For those that are under 18 years of age, the course organiser MUST obtain parent/guardian consent in writing.
Where a casualty (that is not a candidate) is used for training or assessment within the water, swimming ability must be checked by the Trainer Assessor to ensure safety. Where they are under 18 years of age swimming ability must also be confirmed by the parent/guardian.
How do I become a lifeguard?
Lifeguard Course Pre-Requisites
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits
The NPLQ covers all elements of Pool Rescue Techniques, Lifeguarding Theory, First Aid and CPR. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the swimming pool. Training and assessment for the NPLQ is in three sections and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
Section 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool Supervision
Element 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law
Element 2 – Swimming Pool, Hazards and Control Measures
Element 3 – Swimming Pool Supervision
Section 3 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, AED and First Aid
Element 1 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Element 2 – First Aid
Element 3 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
About the assessment
Assessment for the NPLQ takes place at the end of the course. It determines your knowledge and understanding of the principles of working as a pool lifeguard and assesses your ability to apply the skills and knowledge in a work-related environment.
The assessment is split into three sections:
- Practical pool assessment
- Theory Assessment for all 3 sections – Multiple Choice questions.
- Practical First Aid & CPR assessment
Please ensure when registering this course that you are able to complete the pre-Requisites.
The Course will be delivered in the guidelines for social distancing and candidates will be required to bring their own pens and hand sanitiser.
If you have any further questions please contact us.
The location of this venue is close to Sefton, Liverpool, Merseyside , Cheshire, Wirral, Lancashire, Knowsley, St Helens, Wigan, Southport, Warrington and North Wales with excellent transport links.