RLSS UK PXB TA Update
9:30 am - 1:30 pm
What is the Pool Extraction Board (PXB)
The new design creates faster rescue times, offers improved safety and has the potential to reduce demands placed on staff whilst ensuring the casualty is extracted from the pool with the correct care and attention
The RLSS UK Trainer Assessor course is a 4 Hour Update for existing trainer assessors.
If you or your organisation wish to deliver the PXB training for your lifeguards or candidates on lifeguard courses please contact us. We can organise a onsite update/private course.
Please note all bookings are organised through the online platform at lifesavers direct.
The Pool Extraction Board (PXB) Trainer Assessor (TA) update includes both online and practical learning.
The online platform will take around 45 mins to complete and will facilitate TAs with an introduction to the board, videos of the different techniques for both suspected spinal injuries and unresponsive casualties including;
- Deck level pool with shallow water technique
- Deck level pool with deep water technique
- Free board pool with shallow water technique
- Free board pool with deep water technique
- Key teaching points and techniques to use when delivering the PXB to National Pool Lifeguard candidates
Once TAs have completed the online platform they will then be invited to book onto a practical PXB update. After completing the online and practical PXB updates TAs will then receive an update to their TA cards of authority and will be able to deliver the PXB update:
- For renewal and new NPLQ candidates
- During ongoing training and competency assessment
Please contact us for more details.