- RLSS UK Pool Lifeguard Course - Pakefield
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Lifeguard Course Pre-Requisites
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permit
The NPLQ covers all elements of Pool Rescue Techniques, Lifeguarding Theory, First Aid and CPR. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the swimming pool. Training and assessment for the NPLQ is in three sections and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
Section 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool Supervision
Element 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law
Element 2 – Swimming Pool, Hazards and Control Measures
Element 3 – Swimming Pool Supervision
Section 2 – Intervention and Rescue and Emergency Action Plans
Element 1 – Intervention and Rescue
Element 2 – Rescue of a Casualty with a Suspected Spinal Injury
Element 3 – Emergency Action Plan
Section 3 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, AED and First Aid
Element 1 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Element 2 – First Aid
Element 3 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
Assessment for the NPLQ takes place at the end of the course. It determines your knowledge and understanding of the principles of working as a pool lifeguard and assesses your ability to apply the skills and knowledge in a work-related environment.
The assessment is split into three sections:
- Practical pool assessment
- Theory Assessment – Multiple Choice Question Paper
- Practical First Aid & CPR assessment
Upon qualifying with the NPLQ, the certificate is valid for two years from the date of successful completion.
Where particular performance criteria are shown in shaded boxes on the assessment matrix, candidates MUST meet the specific criteria set out in ‘The Lifeguard’ for the particular skill or area of knowledge. Candidates who do not meet the specific performance criteria as set out in ‘The Lifeguard’ MUST fail the whole of that section of the assessment.
When the candidate fails they must be reassessed on the whole of the relevant section or sections they were unsuccessful in.
Please contact us for more details on this course.
- Please note this course is being advertised on behalf of Pontins and payments will be made to the “Pontins Pakefield”
- Payment cannot be made on this site for the course.
- Please register and contact us for more details so we can send the joining information.
- The cost of the course is £250.00
For further information please contact us about Lifeguard Training Courses in Suffolk Norfolk Norwich Lowestoft Great Yarmouth.