Working at Height
01/05/2019 - 30/11/2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This regulated and nationally recognised qualification has been specifically designed to provide Learners with a greater awareness in the use of ladders, step ladders, harnesses and a variety of other equipment that is used when working at height.
The objective of the qualification is to benefit Learners by raising awareness in the use of ladders, step ladders, harnesses, and a variety other equipment/principles that are used for working at height. Learners will focus on the safety considerations, legal obligations, hierarchy of control measures and reporting procedures for defective equipment.
Who should attend
This qualification is for all people currently working or aspiring to work in all types of environment that may involve them working at height. It provides them with a basic awareness of working at height. It is also suitable for employees entering work for the first time or returning to work.
Before you start…
- Learners must be at least 16 years old on the first day of the training.
- There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
The content of the course covers:
- Legislation, regulations, roles and responsibilities when working at height
- The consequences of non-compliance
- Safe working practices when working at height
- How to reduce the risks from:
• Weather conditions
• Working environments
• Others working at height
• Falling objects
• Fragile surfaces
- Importance of risk assessments
- Rescue plan requirements
- Types of equipment and testing requirements
- Selecting appropriate equipment
- Identifying safety precautions when using equipment
- Reporting procedures when equipment is faulty
Course Duration : 3 Hours (1/2 Day)
- Demonstrating Underpinning knowledge by Multiple Choice.
Qualification Expiry/ Re-qualification
How to re-qualify:
Qualification is valid for three years, candidates will be required complete the course again.
Please contact us about information on this course