20/06/2018 - 20/06/2030
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The law states that employers have a legal responsibility to provide adequate training for those who perform manual handling tasks in their day to day role. However, with incorrect manual handling causing over a third of workplace injuries, adequate training is not only a legal requirement, it is incredibly important for the safety of all staff.
Who should attend
This qualification is ideal for those who perform manual handling duties in the workplace, including industrial and office based environments. It is suitable:
- As an introduction to those starting work which involves carrying out manual handling activities
- For those returning to work where manual handling activities are required
- As safety refresher training
Before you start…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training.
- There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
The content of the course covers:
- Understand the importance of safe manual handling
- Know how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
Course Duration : 6 Hours (1 Day)
- Continual assessment by the tutor
- Demonstrating Underpinning knowledge by Multiple Choice, Work Sheets or Question & Answers
- Practical assessments – observed by the Trainer throughout the course, with the results of each learning outcome recorded on the practical assessment paperwork.
- There are 3 practical assessments for this qualification:
- Solo Manual Handling
- Team Manual Handling
- Using Equipment
Qualification Expiry/ Re-qualification
How to re-qualify:
Qualification is valid for three years, candidates will be required complete the course again.