- Level 2 Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health and Care Settings
10/06/2020 - 31/08/2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Event Phone: 07883071220
The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace and is aimed at current or new staff who work in health and care settings (such as care homes, heath centres, surgeries and childcare settings) and give them underpinning knowledge of how to prevent and control the spread of infection.
Who should attend
People who work in care homes, heath centres, surgeries and childcare.
Before you start…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be 16 years of age or older
The content of this qualification includes common infections and the chain of infection, correct hand washing procedures, principles of personal protective equipment, the decontamination process, waste management procedures and roles and responsibilities in preventing infection.
The content of the course covers:
- Understand common infections and the chain of infection
- Understand the importance of correct hand washing procedures for infection prevention and control
- Understand the principles of personal protective equipment (PPE) used in infection prevention and control
- Understand the decontamination process
- Understand waste management procedures and the associated risks
- Understand the roles and responsibilities in preventing infection
Course Duration : This qualification is usually achieved by completing approximately 6 guided learning hours.
This qualification is assessed by a 25-question, multiple-choice question test.
Qualification Expiry/ Requalification
How to re-qualify:
Qualification is valid for three years
This is delivered at one of our venues or can be delivered onsite at your business.
Please contact us for more information and how we can help you.