Level 2 Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection for the Workplace
11/05/2020 - 31/08/2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Event Phone: 07883071220
The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace and is aimed at anyone working in any industry needing to develop their understanding and knowledge of how to prevent and control the spread of infection in their workplace.
Who should attend
The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace and is aimed at anyone working in any industry needing to develop their underpinning knowledge of how to prevent and control the spread of infection in their workplace
Before you start…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be 16 years of age or older
The content of this qualification includes common infections, correct hand washing procedures, principles of personal protective equipment, waste management procedures and roles and responsibilities in preventing infection.
The content of the course covers:
- Understand common infections
- Understand the importance of correct hand washing procedures for infection prevention and control
- Understand the principles of personal protective equipment (PPE) used in infection prevention and control
- Understand waste management procedures and the associated risks
- Understand the roles and responsibilities in preventing infection
Course Duration : This qualification is usually achieved by completing approximately 5 guided learning hours.
This qualification is assessed by a 15-question, multiple-choice question test.
Qualification Expiry/ Requalification
How to re-qualify:
Qualification is valid for three years.
This is delivered at one of our venues or can be delivered onsite at your business.
Please contact us for more information and how we can help you.