- FAW Renewal Blended Learning
15/11/2020 - 31/03/2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Event Phone: Call Today 07883 071 220
Qualsafe At Home First Aid at Work Level is a new approach to Learning and achieving a First Aid certificate.
The 18 Hour course covers a range of CPR and first aid skills, providing you with the skills to ensure a safe working environment.
The qualification is Ofqual regulated and is valid for three years, making it suitable for all industries and enabling you to meet HSE requirements.
About the Course
The First Aid at Work course is 12 hours is delivered and can be delivered over three consecutive days or can be split into smaller sessions and delivered over a 10 week period from the start of the course.
The course comprises of practical work and theoretical classroom work, as well as a practical assessment on CPR and first aid.
Day 1 / 6 Hours – Online at the learners own pace or in one day but must be completed before the face to face day – pre organised day.
1 Day Face to Face
Before you start…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment.
- No prior first aid knowledge is required.
6 hours pre learning
- Role and responsibilities of first aider
- Incident and casualty assessment:
- Secondary survey
The pre learning courses covers the recognition and treatment of the following conditions and injuries.
- Asthma (including respiratory system)
- Burns and scalds (including electrical and chemical burns)
- Eye injuries
- Chest injuries
- Circulatory system
- Heart conditions-( angina and heart attack)
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains
- Spinal injuries
1 Day Face to Face – Classroom Section
- Unresponsive casualty not breathing normally Demonstration of CPR & AED (primary survey theory covered in pre-learning) CPR & AED learner practice – Assessment
- Unconscious casualty breathing normally. Recovery position. (inc. seizure management) – Assessment
- Choking casualty – Assessment
- External bleeding Including treatment for shock and bandaging – Assessment
- Minor Injuries:Small cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters, nosebleeds.
- Fractures treatment – slings – Assessment (theory covered in pre-learning)
- Head injuries (concussion/compression/fractured skull)
- Spinal Injuries / MILS / Spinal Recovery position – Assessment
- Top to toe survey (theory covered in pre-learning) – Assessment
- Completion of Multiple Choice Assessment Papers : Unit 1 MCQ Assessment Unit 2 MCQ Assessment
Practical assessment through out the day and concluded with Multiple Choice Theory Assessment
We are located in the North West are able to train onsite for clients and businesses in Sefton, Liverpool, Merseyside , Cheshire, Wirral, Lancashire, Knowsley, St Helens, Wigan, Southport, Warrington
Please contact us about how this course can benefit yourself or business.