- RLSS UK NPLQ 9th Gen - Blackpool - Oct
26/10/2020 - 30/10/2020
8:30 am - 5:45 pm
How do I become a lifeguard?
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits
The NPLQ covers all elements of Pool Rescue Techniques, Lifeguarding Theory, First Aid and CPR. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the swimming pool. Training and assessment for the NPLQ is in three sections and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
Section 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool Supervision
Element 1 – The Lifeguard and the Law
Element 2 – Swimming Pool, Hazards and Control Measures
Element 3 – Swimming Pool Supervision
Section 3 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, AED and First Aid
Element 1 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Element 2 – First Aid
Element 3 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
About the assessment
Assessment for the NPLQ takes place at the end of the course. It determines your knowledge and understanding of the principles of working as a pool lifeguard and assesses your ability to apply the skills and knowledge in a work-related environment.
The assessment is split into three sections:
- Practical pool assessment
- Theory Assessment for all 3 sections – Multiple Choice questions.
- Practical First Aid & CPR assessment
Please ensure when registering your interest on lifeguard course that you are able to complete the pre-Requisites.
If you have any further questions please contact us.
- Please Note this course is advertised on behalf of Sport Blackpool – Please contact Palatine Leisure Centre to make payment for the course.
- Payment cannot be made on this site for the course.
- By registering on this site we can send you the joining Instructions/course details.
- The cost of the February Lifeguard course is £240.00 , from April onwards there will be a price increase and the website will be updated accordingly.